Building your own home can be a daunting prospect but from our own personal experience, should never be discounted. For many, the most challenging part of the process is finding a suitable plot for a new dwelling (ideally one with planning permission) or promoting one through the planning process.
Click here to see how you can build an energy efficient home.
Once you have found a site, the process of buying the land is often quicker and easier than buying a house given that there are no selling chains to deal with for example.
However, building your own home will mean that a lot of old materials and debris will have to be removed. A waste collection company will be able to handle all of this for you, so you can focus on building the house you’ve always wanted. For more information about commercial clearances, see this website.
Cost effective solutions
Building your own home can be cost effective and the costs for doing so are favourable when compared to building an extension. For example:
- 0% rated VAT for new build homes.
- Working with an existing building requires an amount of compromise due to the limitations of the site and building which inevitably affect the design and construction.
- Your opportunity to be creative and shape your living space.
- A simple extension or conversion can be stressful.
- Hiring a reputable and affordable emergency plumber to deal with any problems you may be facing. When choosing a plumber, it is best to choose one that has experience as they will be able to efficiently deal with your problem, saving you money in the long run. For plumbers in the Ipswich area, visit this website.
If a new build is a step too far, please remember that most home improvements will add value, improve your quality of life and ultimately, make it easier for you to sell your home. Need finance for a new build, see Hunter Finance.